is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
We know sustainability is increasingly important to our attendees and exhibitors, as well as to our market as a whole. Not only are we committed to running our event in an environmentally and socially responsible way, we also want to go further and inspire the sustainable development of the industry we serve. By connecting people with relevant networks and knowledge at our event, we’re helping them to solve some of the biggest challenges facing the sector to ensure long-term, sustainable growth.
Fi Europe CONNECT has been developed in line with an industry-leading event sustainability programme,
Here are our top tips on how you can help make this event even more sustainable.
1. Reduce the brightness of your screen and remember to hibernate your computer when not in use to help reduce your energy usage.
2. Make sure you take a break at regular intervals throughout the day. Getting away from your screen for a minute to stretch your legs, staying hydrated and having a healthy snack will improve your ability to get the most out of the event.
3. Be aware of our code of conduct and help us ensure a welcoming atmosphere of respect for all.
4. When talking to exhibiting companies remember to ask them about the sustainability credentials of their business and their products.
5. Most event resources have been designed to be easily viewed online or via a mobile device so please avoid printing where possible to help reduce paper waste.
6. Consider eating a healthy meat-free lunch during the event, it’s good for you and for the planet.
We are working with exhibitors, event partners and attendees to make Fi Europe CONNECT a sustainable event. As part of this plan, we have developed suggestions and tips for both exhibitors and visitors.
The Hunger Project is an international, non-profit organization committed to a sustainable end to chronic hunger worldwide. Across the globe, their programs empower people to break the poverty cycle themselves. Fi Europe invests financially in their community-led programs and we invite you to join us!
Our event has been successfully accredited with the prestigious
ISO 20121 Standard for Sustainable Event Management since 2013.
The achievement of this International Standard is an extension
of the event’s pledge to responsible business.
The ISO 20121 Standard focuses on management commitment and
leadership, as well as stakeholder engagement for all aspects of sustainability through the whole supply chain. It recognises a continuing dedication to reduce the environmental impact of the event while increasing the positive impact on communities in which the business operates.
Our event is part of Informa Markets and the Informa Group. Sustainability at Informa focuses on the long term impacts we have on customers, colleagues, the communities we work in and the environment.
Many of our stakeholders are clearly telling us that sustainability (social, economic and environmental) is something that is no longer a nice to have but a necessary part of any event. We want to make sure we’re meeting those expectations and we believe that being sustainable is the right thing to do.
We also recognise that it’s not just about the way we produce our events and products but recognizing that we have a role to play in providing a space to work in partnership together with our markets to inspire the sustainable development of the industries we serve. This is an ongoing process for us and we’re looking for ideas of how we can improve.
More information about our work so far can be found on the www.informa.com/sustainability including our latest sustainability reports.
Informa and its events have received numerous awards and recognition including:
Would you like to work with us on the sustainability of our event? Would you like to share your own story and efforts? Got an idea?