Fi Global is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Japan is the birthplace of the functional ingredients industry, with a long tradition of selecting and enhancing the health benefits of food products.
This pioneering market continues to grow rapidly and key players from Japan and abroad are all coming to Hi / FiT / S-tec Japan to source innovative new ingredients and learn about the trends and developments in the industry.
With more than 600 exhibitors and 40,000 visitors expected, it is the only event of this scale in Japan, and the place to get your foot in the door in this lucrative market. Don't wait any longer and find out today why you can't afford to miss out!
Want to know more about visiting Hi Japan 2019?
57.5% of visitors are C-Suite
3 Shows in 1
- Japanese consumers prioritise hygiene and safety as well as innovation, areas in which foreign ingredients suppliers are perceived to be very strong
- Japan is the home of the functional ingredients market. The majority of Japanese consumers take some form of supplements, making it a very lucrative market
- Over 21% of the Japanese population are elderly with 50,000+ people over 100, leading to a high for products targeted at the elderly
- Dairy consumption and especially cheese consumption is growing at over 5% annually
- There is a growing demand for Western and other foreign foods in Japan, especially among the younger population
- The Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA)between the EU and Japan makes it easier than ever before for European companies to do business with Japan
- High purchasing power, an aging population, and keen consumer awareness of health products create perfect conditions for the manufacturers and suppliers of healthy processed foods
Learn more about the Japanese market
Japanese consumers prioritise hygiene, safety as well as innovation, and these are areas in which European ingredients suppliers are percieved to be very strong. The new EU-Japan trade deal formally signed in July 2018 makes it easier than ever before for European companies to access the Japanese market. Want to know more?