Fi Europe is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
The free-to-attend Expo FoodTec Hub located at the heart of the Expo FoodTec pavilion, offers a programme on food processing technology, food fraud, supply chain management and product line safety by food technology experts and leading associations from across the industry.
- Current challenges for minimal processing, sustainability & safety – by IUFoST. Minimal processing, sustainability and safety are major drivers of innovation in the food and beverage industry. This 2-day program will highlight evolving technologies that will be key in future developments. Expert speakers from industry and academia will address current issues and introduce emerging technologies that offer potential solutions.
- Clean label shelf-life management for high quality and safe foods – by Joost Blankestijn, Wageningen Food & Biobased Research
- Adding value through transformational quality & food safety management – by Rob Kooijmans, foodrecall.nl
- Preventing food safety incidents resulting from food crimes – by Huub Lelieveld and Veslemøy Andersen, Global Harmonisation Initiative
The Expo FoodTec pavilion at Fi Europe & Ni provides a clear point of purchase for manufacturers of food ingredients and finished food looking to source bespoke ingredient processing and packaging solutions and services.
Suppliers exhibiting in this pavilion include: R&D services, consultancy services, analytical & laboratory equipment, food safety & hygiene, software, certification services, logistics & transportation ingredients packaging and packaging machinery.
- 'Ensuring food safety by tackling food crimes' - an interview with Prof Huub Lelieveld, President of the Global Harmonization Initiative (GHI) and Dr Veslemøy Andersen, Norwegian Ambassador of the GHI
- 'How food production can move towards greater sustainability' - an interview with Professor Anet Režek Jambrak, from the Faculty of Food Technology and Biotechnology at the University of Zagreb, Croatia
- 'Clean label shelf-life management' - an interview with Joost Blankestijn, Programme Manager at Wageningen Food & Biobased Research in the Netherlands
- 'Transforming quality and food safety management' - an interview with Rob Kooijmans, Co-founder and Co-owner of FoodRecall
- 'Creating added-value from food by-products' - an interview with Dr. Delphine Huc-Mathis, Assistant Professor at the Paris Institute of Technology for Life, Food and Environmental Sciences
- 'Delivering functional food ingredients through extrusion technology' - an interview with Azad Emin from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
'Think like a criminal to tackle food fraud' - an interview with Bertrand Emond, Food Safety Culture Excellence Lead at Campden BRI in the UK and Membership Secretary of fiin (food industry intelligence network), UK and Jon Poole, Chief Executive, Institute of Food Science & Technology (IFST), UK
Expo FoodTec Hub content partner: IUFoST
The International Union of Food Science and Technology Inc. (IUFoST) is an international, non-governmental and non-profit scientific association of national organisations (termed Adhering Bodies), one from each member country, each one representative of food scientists and food technologists in that country. It is the global body for international food science and technology. IUFoST is one of 31 unions in the International Science Council (ISC). IUFoST was elected by its peers across disciplines to be the sole global representative of Food Science and Technology in ISC. Its Mission is to promote international co-operation and information exchange, to provide education and training to food scientists and technologists around the world and to promote professionalism and profession organisation among food scientists and technologists.