Fi Europe is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Innova Market Insights releases its top ten trends for 2020, using its ongoing analyses of global developments in food and drink launch activity to highlight the trends most likely to impact the food and drinks industry over the coming year and beyond. In addition to the top ten trends identified for 2020, key themes from previous years, including “Discovery: the adventurous consumers,” “The plant kingdom,” “Alternatives to all,” “Green appeal” and “Snacking: the definitive occasion” will also continue to feature strongly.
Presentations addressing the latest changes in food safety regulations, labelling and functional foods communication.
Moderator: Peter Rixon, Managing Editor, IEG Policy, Agribusiness Intelligence
Time: 12:00 - 12:30
Title: The General Food Law Regulation: state of play
1. The ongoing fitness check of general food law
2. Commission’s proposal, toward more transparency?
3. Adoption of Regulation (EU) 2019/1381 on the transparency and sustainability of the EU risk assessment in the food chain
Speaker: Katia Merten-Lentz, Keller and Heckman
Time: 12:30 - 13:00
Title: Correct labelling of product names – ginger beer, happy Cheez, beyond Burger & co
- the difference between the (marketing) product name and the name of the food which is mandatory in view of the FIC 1169/2011
- legal requirements for a) marketing name of the product b) mandatory name of the food
- protection of names like beer / milk producs
- examples / case law on product labelling
Speaker: Bärbel Ines Hintermeier, LL.M. Attorney at Law, meyer.rechtsanwa
Time: 13:00 - 13:30
Title: Cannabis and cannabinoids in food and drink - a European overview
Synopsis: An overview of the cannabis plant and its uses as a medical product, health supplement and food and drink ingredient:
- Historical use of cannabis
- The endocannabinoid system
- A look at the main cannabinoids (THC & CBD)
- What is the evidence base for cannabis-derived products
- Current regulations around CBD in Europe
- How will the CBD wellness market shift in the coming years
Speaker: Tom McDonald, Senior Cannabis Industry Consultant, Hanway Associates
What we will eat in the future is determined by collective trends and challenges, some of which are already known today. What answers will the market, the states, or even the philosophical reflection bring to these trends and challenges? Can the future of the agri-food sector be read in cornflakes?
The most exciting innovations are coming from small startups who are largely unknown to the wider industry.
We are giving a handful of startups the chance to share their research and pitch their latest innovations live at Fi Europe & Ni. Our panel of industry judges will then select the company with the most exciting idea as winner of the Startup Innovation Challenge.
- Most Innovative Food or Beverage Ingredient
- Most Innovative Plant- or Cereal-based Food or Beverage Ingredient
- Most Innovative Alternative Food or Beverage Ingredient
- Most Innovative Process, Technology or Service Supporting F&B