Date: 14-15 September 2017/ 08.00-18.00
Room: MR 214-216
Organised by: Food Science and Technology Association of Thailand (FoSTAT), Institute of Food Research and Product Development, Kasetsart University, Faculty of Agriculture, Ubon Ratchathani University, UBM Asia (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Supported by: The Federation of the Institute of Food Science and Technology in ASEAN (FIFSTA)
Language: English – Thai
- From local to Global: Indigenous foods as functional ingredients
- Applications of 'in trend' ingredients
- Protein based ingredients (Proteins ingredients for physical performance, aging, future protein sources, etc.)
- Sweeteners (Practical application of sweeteners for product innovation/renovation toward sugar reduction)
- Non-member: Bath 5,000 (7% VAT included)
- FoSTAT Member: Bath 3,800 (7% VAT included)
- Student: Bath 1,500 (7% VAT included)
- Committee Organization: Bath 2,500 (7% VAT included)
- International Attendee: USD 200
- Accompanying Person (undergraduate student only): Free of charge
*Bank charges must be paid by the delegate
- Registration Fees is Inclusive of conference materials, lunch and refreshment for two days
- Deadline for registration fee payment is August 31, 2017
- Accompanying person fee does NOT included coffee&lunch, conference bag and handout
- Group registeration (5 delegates) recieves a 20% discount
Registration Link: https://goo.gl/69oLnm
Day 2: 14th September 2017
- 08.00-09.00: REGISTRATION
- 09.00-09.20: OPENING CEREMONY
Plenary 1: Chair session: Assist. Prof. Dr. Anadi Nitithamyong, INMU, Thailand
- 09.20-10.00: Topic: Functional food industry in Thailand-Capacity development
By Plenary Speaker 1. Asst. Prof. Dr. Chairath Tangduangdee, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Thailand
- 10.00-10.40: Topic: Beneficial effects of young coconut juice on delaying Alzheimer’s pathologies, skin aging and osteoporosis in ovarriectomized rats: Novel findings.
By Plenary speaker 2 Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nisaudah Radenahmad, Price Songkla University, Thailand
- 10.40-11.00: REFRESHMENT
SESSION 1: The Value of Indigenous foods
Chair session: Assist. Prof. Dr. Anadi Nitithamyong, INMU, Thailand
- 11.00-11.30: Topic: Sacha Inchi, An Emerging Food Ingredient
By Dr. Nattapol Tangsuphoom, Mahidol University, Thailand
- 11.30-12.00: Topic: Functional Effects of Southern Thai Food on NCD: Case study of diabetes
By Dr. Preeya Dat-Arun, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand
- 12.00-13.30: LUNCH
SESSION 2 : Applications of 'in trend' ingredients-
Chair session: TBC
- 13.30-14.00: Topic: Functional Ingredients in Local Vegetables of Thailand
By Dr. Kazuhiko Nakahara, Japan International Research Center for agriculture Sciences, Japan
- 14.00-14.30: Topic: LENTEIN, a novel protein ingredient from water lentils: its outstanding nutritional attribute and application aspects
By Dr. Supaporn Naknukool, Parabel USA Inc.
- 14.30-15.00: Topic: Functional Ingredient for Healthy Eating – It’s Soluble Dietary Fiber!
By Ms. Sumiko Kanahori, Matsutani Chemical Ind. Co., Ltd.
- 15.00-15.20: REFRESHMENT
- 15.20-15.40: Topic: Dairy Protein : Nutritional Benefits and Application
By Ms. Jing Hagert, Milk Specialties Global.
- 15.40-16.00: Topic: Banana bud extract as a functional ingredient for promoting prostate health
By Ms. Chapiya Chanbai, TCI Co., Ltd.
- 16.00-16.20: Topic: Lactobacillus plantarum TWK10 Supplementation Improves Exercise Performance and Increases Muscle Mass in Mice
By Ms. Lisa Chen, SYNBIO TECH INC.
- 16.20-18.00: Fi Asia Exhibition Visit
Day 2: 15th September 2017
- 08.00-09.00: REGISTRATION
Plenary 2: TBC
- 09.00-09.40: Topic: Clarification of biological benefits in Japanese food ingredients
By Plenary speaker 3 Prof. Hirotoshi Tamura, Kagawa University, Japan
- 09.40-10.20: Topic: Thai Cuisine with Potential Health Functions
By Plenary speaker 3 Prof. Dr. Pavinee Chinachoti, FoSTAT, Thailand
- 10.20-10.40: REFRESHMENT
SESSION 3: From local to Global: Indigenous foods as functional ingredients
Chair session: BC
- 10.40-11.10: Topic: 9 Hydrocolloids as ingredients in modern kitchen for culinary art and innovative food
By Dr. Witcha Treesuwan, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- 11.10-11.40: Topic: Extraction of medicinal mushrooms from Taiwan to improve repiratory function
By Chen Wei Cheng, Well Terpene Biomedical Co., Ltd.
- 11.40-12.10: Topic: Spices as functional foods
By Prof. Dr. Amit Krishna De, Indian Science Congress Association, India
- 12.10-13.30: LUNCH
SESSION 4: Food Law and Regulation “Food Additive”
Updates กฎระเบียบที่เกี่ยวข้องกับวัตถุเจือปนอาหาร (Thai Language)
โดยคุณจิรารัตน์ เทศะศิลป์ นักวิชาการอาหารและยาชำนาญการพิเศษ
- 16.00-18.00: Fi Asia Exhibition Visit