Sensory evaluation is a scientific discipline that analyses and measures human responses to the composition of food and drink, e.g. appearance, touch, odour, texture, temperature and taste. This year we will offer visitors and exhibitors of Fi Asia the chance to participate in a sensory evaluation experience.
The Sensory Lab will include:
- Technical Sessions
- Cookery Demonstrations
- Blind Taste Test
Location: Inside Hall 101
Registration: Log back into your registration to sign up for the Sensory Box sessions
13 September 2017
- 10:00 - 12:00 "Check All That Apply" Sensory Method for Juice
- 13:00 – 14.30 “Kitchen Kitchen®” Spicy Bulgogi Sauce Powder: Keep easy while eliminating unhealthy ingredients- Nithi Foods
Minimizing handling, training time & wastes – Our “High Density” Food Ingredients aim to increase profits for restaurants by providing sauce powder formulas, from Oriental to Western cuisines, to use easy, keep easy while eliminating unhealthy ingredients. “High Density” emphasizes high number of servings per unit volume, thus lowering the cost of logistic.
In the sensory box activity, we will demonstrate the cooking of Spicy Bulgogi Pork by using our “Kitchen Kitchen®” sauce powder and evaluate the sensory taste compare with the original one that sold in the market.
14 September 2017
- 11:00 - 12:00 “1A-FILL70 vs 1B-KRYSPEC” Fat-based chocolate filling with different vegetable fat, milk fat, cocoa butter, etc from other ingredients with different % in composition and thus provides different texture & functionality - AAK
Around 30% of every filling is the filling fat, with a key influence on the stability, melting properties, texture and flavor release. Fillings in confectionaries that are low in saturated fats or high in cooling sensation are gaining popularity. Thus, specialty vegetable fats – the key to differentiation. Demand is growing for healthier products with a lower content of saturated/trans fat per serving. But functional & healthy product comes with a price. This test is to study if the local Thai’s preference based on different filling fats, and if they are willing to pay for a more premium product.
- 13:00 – 15.00 The Trend of Fat Reduction and Sugar Reduction Milk and The Sensory Profiling Technique for Milk Product
- 15:00 – 16:00 “Cheese Flavour Enhancement” Saporesse Plus YEL001-219 Natural cheese enhancer- Synergy taste
The experimental cheese enhancer was evaluated by 46 untrained panels, with 2 spreadable cheddar cheeses products under 3 digits code of control (no flavour added) and sample was dosed at 0.3% with Saporesse Plus YEL001-219. Evaluation method was preference test 5 hedonic scale and evaluated in taste , aroma and overall attribution .The resulting tests showed that the sample was the most preferable compared to control in all attributes. Control had a weak cheesy taste and aroma profile while Sample had a much richer cheese profile and came across as more premium in both taste and mouth feel.\
15 September 2017
- 10:00 - 12:00 The Physical Sensory Method and Moisture Profiling
- 13:30 – 14:30 Techniques in reducing sugar in beverages- Taste and Lyle
Doing formulations with sugar reduced coming from the perspective of taste, mouthfeel, texture, brix, viscosity etc.